As I've indicated in the past, this list is chef and food driven. But beverage/wine programs, service, management, ambiance, value and overall experience all play significant roles.
The influx of quality new restaurants has made the rankings even more difficult. But I put a lot of meals and thought into these rankings in order to provide you with an accurate assessment of the current restaurant scene in town.
There have been a lot of recent openings with several more on the way. Thus, I am going to be updating this page often so make sure to check back to stay current.
I limited the list this time to the Top Ten in order to pay tribute to the chefs and restaurants that are doing outstanding jobs.
These are the Best of the Best in town.
**** Oolite & Khong River House are closed ****
**** Tongue & Cheek closed. The Cypress Room now Cypress Tavern****
1a. Bourbon Steak
4. The Bazaar
Michael Mina 74
9. Proof Pizza & Pasta
10. Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
10. Edge Steak & Bar
Missed the Top Ten but are highly recommend.
Joe's Stone Crab
, db Bistro Moderne
, La Mar
, MC Kitchen
, Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill
, Sushi Deli, Panya Thai, King Palace Chinese BBQ
, NIU Kitchen
, Blue Collar
, Salumeria 104
, The River Oyster Bar
, Meat Market
, Petit Rouge
, Basil Park
, The Forge
New and To Do
Cena by Michy
Matador Room, Beach Craft, Cleo, Stripsteak,
, Klima, Fooq's, Fresh American Bistro, Magic Garden, Bistro Casis, Bagatelle, Taquiza, Beachcraft, Byblos, The Golden Fig, The Continental, Red Ginger, Midtown Oyster Bar, Soho Bay, Driftwood Room, Cypress Tavern, Beaker & Gray. OY!!!!!
Prominent and potentially rank worthy but not visited or need to get back
Zuma, The Setai, Lure, The Federal, Verde, Eating House and Palme d'Or.
Need to return and re-rank because of chef changes
- Scarpetta, Michael Mina 74, Bocce, J&G Grill, Azul & Toscana Divino.
- Izzy's (open), PB Station, BaZi (open), Talde (open) Le Zoo (open), Jaya (open) Los Fuegos, Pao at the Dome.
Cross the border(s) recommendations-
Buccan, Cafe Boulud, Pizzeria Oceano, Hot & Soul, Blue Willy's, Valentino's.
Best of Breed and highly recommended.
Pizza Parlor NY Slice
- Kings County
- Joe's duh
- db Bistro Moderne & Quality Meats
- Macchialina (hat tip Proof Pizza)
- Bagel Cove (but drive the extra 10 minutes and cross the border to Sage)
- King Palace Chinese BBQ & Hakkasan.
- See rankings. *Neighborhood spot - Sushi Deli.
- Basil Park
- Raw Republic & Jugo Fresh
- Cheen Huaye (cross the border to Chapultepec)
- River Oyster Bar, Mignonette & The Dutch
- Panther (hat tip Alaska Roasting Company)
- Proper Sausages
- Pita Plus (on the border Falafel Benny's)
- Etzel Itzik
Fast Casual -
gastroPod & My Ceviche
Fast Food Burger
- Shake Shack
- MM74 & Bourbon Steak
Fast Casual Burger
- gastropod & Pincho Factory
- Bourbon Steak
- The Dutch & J&G Grill
- Lutong Pinoy
- Chayhana Oasis
- Cross the border to Pho 78. Basilic comin soon to N Miami Beach
- Cross the border to Pho 78 & 545 Banh Mi Cafe
- Bourbon Steak & 27
- LC Roti Shop
- Michael's Genuine & Josh's Deli
- Bourbon Steak
- Avila Bistro
- El Palacio de los Jugos
- My Ceviche & La Mar
- NIU Kitchen
- My pants hat tip to Proper Sausages
- Cross the border to La Spada or Genco hat tip Le Sandwicherie
- Cross the border Myung Ga.
- Petit Rouge & Gourmet Diner
The Cypress Room
- Bourbon Steak
Best Staple Dishes
BBQ Shrimp @ Oolite
, Lil Oyster Sandwiches @ The Dutch, Chicken Liver Crostini @ Michael's Genuine Food & Drink.
- fuck brunch